Here are some safety tips for women that you could follow to take better care of yourself if you feel you are in danger.
This is a topic that should be talked about more often, as it is something that happens every day and although certain things are mentioned about it, it is not given the importance it should have. That’s why we are here making safety recommendations for women, because we know you need to know them for your own well-being.
It is never a good idea to walk in the dark on the street by yourself, that’s why you should always carry your self-defence tools at hand, but in case you are not prepared for it, you can always resort to your voice and emergency calls, if you need help don’t hesitate to shout as loud as you can, or contact the police immediately if you feel you might be in danger.
– Avoid walking late at night unaccompanied, and if you decide to do so, try to go to places where there are establishments nearby that you can enter in case of emergency.
– Walk tall, predators can smell fear for miles, so if you feel in danger try to stand tall and confident, if you feel they are chasing you try to approach a shop or another person and stay there until you see that the danger has passed.
– Trust your intuition, sensations do not lie, our body warns us when we feel unsafe, for that reason, it is better to be safe than sorry. If the situation is making you feel uncomfortable, that’s the way it is, don’t hesitate.
– Raise your voice at the slightest physical contact that makes you feel uncomfortable, shout and express yourself if you don’t like something, don’t be afraid to say “Stop it, I don’t like this” or “Get away from me”.
Safety tips for women can be useful in any scenario, whether at a festival, at the disco, in the street while walking in the dark, even with a group of “friends” or on an awkward date, etc., and that is why we recommend that every time you leave the house you carry self-defence tools that you can use in case you find yourself in a possible dangerous situation.
There are now self-defence weapons that can go unnoticed and no one will be suspicious when you want to defend yourself, and they sell emergency kits that include various items that can help you with your safety.
– Pepper spray, self-defence key rings, glass breakers, key rings with alarms, whistles, etc. These accessories are specially designed to take care of your safety, and for those moments when you might be exposed to an episode of uncomfortable situations.
– You can watch self-defence videos, they will help you to be a little more protected and to defend yourself if you need it. It never hurts to learn something new, especially if it is for your personal wellbeing.
– Safety apps for women, you can download an application that will help you share your location with other people so that they can locate you exactly where you are. There are also other applications and services that can help you even with problems of harassment by phone calls, messages, etc. It is always necessary to be cautious before a worse situation occurs.
– Have a speed dial number ready in case you can’t find a number and call or call 911, don’t forget that time is money and in these situations even more so.
We hope that you never have to go through situations where you feel it is necessary to use these tactics, however, it is necessary to always be informed and aware that there are methods that you could use in an extreme case.
That’s why we want to let you know about VIP safety first, a service that helps you keep your personal number private, as we assign you a virtual number that you can use to share it with whomever you want, or register it in any application without harming your safety. If you authorise it, calls and messages are recorded, and if at any time you need to make a complaint you can do so with all the evidence we can provide you with.