If it’s the first time you go on a date with someone you met on a dating app, it’s normal to feel nervous and not know how the dynamics work. But don’t worry too much, think about the first time you got on a bike, you thought it would be very difficult but in the end, you mastered it like an expert.
All first times bring with them a bit of anxiety, that’s why we want to help you a bit and give you some tips to make you feel more confident, although we know that you will handle it great like everything you do.
- Dress comfortably and confidently: Choose clothes that make you feel comfortable, confident, and reflect your personal style. Don’t feel like you need to dress to impress, but rather focus on feeling good and comfortable in your own skin.
- Be open-minded and curious: Keep an open mind and be curious about your date. Ask questions and listen actively to what they have to say. You never know, they might surprise you!
- Take your time: There’s no need to rush things on a first date. Take your time to get to know the person, their interests, and their values.
- Stay present and engaged: Put away your phone and focus on being present and engaged in the moment. Show your date that you are interested in what they have to say and try not to let your mind wander.
- Trust your intuition: Most importantly, trust your intuition and go with your gut feelings. If you feel like something is off or you’re uncomfortable, it’s okay to end the date and go home.
Remember, the most important thing is to be yourself and have fun! Good luck on your first date!